Thursday, November 26, 2009

Random Thoughts from Thanksgiving

1.  I'm ridiculously proud that I taught my 1 1/2 year old nephew how to fist-bump today.
2.  It ain't easy keeping up with a couple of boys each under the age of 4.  I don't know how anyone has the energy to be a parent, much less how the keep the house from burning down.
3.  How does a kicker at the college level miss a < 50 yard field goal?  The have ONE JOB, just one thing to practice every day, every week, every year.  I understand that some kicks are harder than others, but I figure they practice the hard ones, too, right?  Oy.
4.  Cranberry casserole is awesome.
5.  So is ham, turkey, dressing, broccoli and rice casserole, green bean casserole, and chocolate pie.  (and anything else I forgot.)
6.  Of course, Mountain Dew goes without saying.  I'm going to say it anyway.
7.  My brother now has one of the longest mullets I've ever seen in person.  It goes a few inches below his shoulders.  I can't tell if it's really lame or really glorious, but I'm starting to lean towards glorious.
8.  I'm really proud 1) of my cousin who will be graduating in 3 weeks with the highest GPA in her college from U. Memphis and 2) of my brother whose first college essay is being used throughout the English department as an example of the kind of essays they want to see.
9.  I've forgotten how hard it is to control oneself while shopping online with all the ridiculously good sales (particularly with movies) right now.
10.  I think TCU is a perfect example of why strength of schedule should be included in BCS rankings.  No team should be ranked #4 when they're playing teams like San Diego State.
10. It's 12:09am on the day after Thanksgiving.  All Christmas celebrations may officially begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment